Saturday, January 5, 2013

December Fab 5!

I am FINALLY getting around to doing my first ever Fab 5! I was a little worried that I wasn't going to be able to narrow it down to just 5 things for December, but once I really thought about it, it wasn't too terribly hard!! This Fab 5 consists of a makeup item, a book, a band, a movie, and a clothing item!


1. Kat Von D Lock-It Tattoo Foundation
I have been LOVING this foundation this month! My skin did some crazy things in December (break-outs, lots of redness due to dryness, and just all around funkiness) and this foundation erased it all! It is a VERY matte and heavy foundation so I found mixing it with some dewey bronzer takes some of that away. It's also a little pricey ($34) but a little bit goes a loooong way so it lasts. I wear Light 44 (it's the second to lightest shade) and it is sold through Sephora.
image from Sephora
2. I Am Second by Doug Bender and Dave Sterrett
This book had been on my to read list for a long time and when I was out shopping for my mom's Christmas present I finally picked up a copy. This book has seriously moved the direction of my life by making me reevaluate my relationship with Jesus. I Am Second is a collection of stories from a variety of people about how they allowed Jesus to claim their heart and how they made Him first in their lives. For more information on I Am Second you can visit their website and you can find the book at Christian retailers, Barnes & Noble, and Amazon.
image from Amazon


3. Eden's Edge
Eden's Edge is a country music group that I had the chance to see at a summer festival in July. I had never heard of them before and really liked their songs so the next day I ran to Target and got their CD, listened to it once and then kind of forgot about it. Recently I was cleaning my car and found the CD and decided to listen to it again and have not been able to stop listening to it since! 
Video is from EdensEdgeVEVO

4. Les Miserables
So I'm sure that EVERYONE has seen or at least heard of the musical and movie based on the book by Victor Hugo. I'm also doubly sure that there are a lot of people tired of hearing about it but I'm going to talk about it anyway! I haven't had a chance to see the stage production (it sold out quickly last time it came) but I do remember reading the book in High School so I was excited to see the movie. We went on Christmas day and I LOVED it, I cried through the majority of the movie and the songs are now etched in my brain. I even went a second time the same week with my mom and then had to go buy the soundtrack which has now taken the place of Eden's Edge in my car...


5. UGG like Boots
I love UGGs I know they're kind of ugly but I still love them, I don't however love the price. SO, I settle for the wannabe's in the world and buy knockoffs. My most beloved pairs come from Fashion Bug (which you have all heard me cry about because they're days are numbered **BOO!!**), but you can find them just about anywhere. 
This pair can be purchased through Amazon





Well that's it! I hope everyone enjoyed and if you are reading this feel free to leave a comment letting me know what your favorites from December were!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave Some Corny Comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...