Saturday, June 29, 2013

Summer Must Reads

I am a book devourer! I absolutely adore reading and really think I should just get paid to lay on my couch all day with my beagle boy and read book after book after book. But, alas, I cannot so I just use up a good chunk of my free time reading. There are some books, though, that I just have to read in the summer time. To me these books just conjure lazy summer days and nights lounging around on a beach or in a cozy backyard. They also have an overall air of freedom that greatly appeals to me and summer has always been a symbol of freedom for me. Here are my must reads for the summer months (all pictures will be linky to where you can buy)!


The Shopaholic Series by Sophie Kinsella

I adore Sophie Kinsella’s novels. I have read all of them but the Shopaholic series is by far my favorite. I completely identify with Rebecca and completely swoon over Luke with her (seriously why can’t I find a man like that!?). These are quick and easy reads that will have you cracking up and feeling just as embarrassed as Rebecca is (or at least as she should be!).

A Bend in the Road by Nicholas Sparks


My favorite Nicholas Sparks novel! I have read this book soooo many times that my copy is starting to fall apart and I should probably invest in a new one. This is one of those books that feels like it’s been imprinted on my soul (deep I know). I cry over this book each and every time and force others to read it too. Literally, I have shoved this book in my friends hands and made them read it (they always end up loving it too). This I desperately hope they one day turn into a movie, yet at the same time I fear when they do because I know they’ll cast all of the wrong people (like the HORRIBLE choice of Julianne Hough for Save Haven!) and will ruin my favorite story, but I still want the movie!

The Rescue by Nicholas Sparks


Another great Nicholas Sparks novel (really you can’t go wrong with any of his..). This one isn’t as soul imprinting as A Bend in the Road but I still love it. The Rescue is like a comfort book (kind of like comfort food only not edible) in that you know exactly what to expect and it never disappoints.

Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen


Oh Elizabeth and Mr. Darcy! I love them and so want to go adventuring through Pemberley! Now, for whatever reason I have only read Pride and Prejudice straight through a few times. I guess I view this novel like a really rich dessert (two food references in one posting, maybe I need a snack!) -- I only want to devour a little bit at a time, so naturally it takes me almost all summer to read it but I enjoy every little minute I spend with the crazy Bennett family!

To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee


I remember the first time I read this book...it was love at first paragraph. I can read this novel in a day and Atticus Finch is my hero. That’s all I’ll say.

The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald


Yes, I know, everyone is probably a bit Gatsby-ed out but I still love it (and if you do too feel free to check out my Gatsby Inspiration post here. I’m not sure what grips me about this novel but I just adore it, and I’ll admit I have a literary crush on Mr. Fitzgerald... If you haven’t read this one you absolutely must, but I’ll warn you, you’ll either love it or hate it, from what I’ve noticed there is NO middle ground when it comes to Gatsby.

There are my selections for summer must reads, have you read any of these. What are the ones that you absolutely love and visit over and over again?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave Some Corny Comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...