Monday, June 10, 2013

Kelly Osbourne Inspired Nail Art!!

Kelly Osbourne Cosmopolitan


I absolutely ADORE Kelly Osbourne. Ever since I saw her on The Osbournes back in the day I have always liked her and totally think we could be best friends...just saying. ANYWAY, when I saw her on the cover of this months Cosmopolitan I had to buy it and knew I needed to do something very Kelly-esque. I would have loved to dye my hair lavender but unfortunately I have a feeling it wouldn't look appropriate on a preschool teacher..but maybe next crazy hair day. I did however fall in love with the blouse that Kelly was wearing on the cover and how there were some random green polka-dots strewn throughout the mainly blue polka-dotted shirt. And, since my nails were in need of a painting I thought -- NAIL ART!!

So without further ado here is my nail art tutorial (please excuse the raggedy nails and less then perfectness -- I am not a professional -- obviously):


Gather Polishes/Materials:










I used (from left): Butter London Nail Foundation Flawless Basecoat, Seche Vite Top Coat, OPI ChipSkip, OPI You're Such A Budapest, SinfulColors Snow Me White, Essie Mojito Madness, and Sephora by OPI Slushied (this was from the Glee collection which you can no longer get, but any blue will work!)
You will also need a dotting tool or a straightened out bobby pin

Apply ChipSkip










Confession Time: I have had this for a long time (I got it for free in a special) but never quite understood how to use it until I finally read a review on it. You apply it first and it slightly dehydrates your nail so that polish adheres better.
This step is also not necessary but it does help.

Apply Basecoat










Apply White and Lavender Polish
I only applied one coat of Snow Me White and that was good enough, I did however have to go back and apply a second coat of You're Such A Budapest as it was really sheer. 

Apply Blue and Green Polka-Dots
I did not have a dotting tool so I just straightened out a bobby pin. I poured a little blue and green on to the back of a flyer and then started dotting to my hearts content only applying one green dot per nail. I left the lavender nail alone. 

Apply Topcoat

And You're Done! Now go off and show everyone your adorable new fingernails! 

I hope you all enjoyed this quick and easy tutorial. If you try it let me know and send me pictures on Twitter (@lilannietweets) and Instagram (@anniedannie)!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave Some Corny Comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...