Sunday, June 2, 2013

Gatsby Inspiration

Oh why thank you Leo! Er..I mean Mr. Gatsby

I know. I know. I'm a little late to the Gatsby party, but to be fair I've been a little busy (this last semester was BRUTAL!!) Anyway, I absolutely love The Great Gatsby and admittedly have a little literary crush on one F. Scott Fitzgerald, so I thought I would compile a little list of some of my favorite "Gatsbyish" items. 
**Side note: if you haven't seen it I totally recommend Midnight in Paris a movie by Woody Allen, in which the INCREDIBLY good looking Tom Hiddleston portrays F. Scott Fitzgerald -- seriously made me fall in love with Fitzgerald even more**

Beauty
There is an amazing range of hair ideas and makeup ideas that are so 1920s inspired that it was hard to narrow down my list to just a few favorites. 

I absolutely adore all of the retro ruby red lip looks such as this: 
Gah! Red Lips!

But alas, ruby red lips are not met for me... I can, however, pull off the more neutral everyday inspired looks such as this: 

"Great Gatsby Inspired Makeup" Good for everyday!

Nails

Personally I think one of the easiest ways to rock the Gatsby trend is to take it your fingernails (or toenails if you heart desires). Pinterest has GOBS of nail ideas that range from really intricate designs such as this: 
Great Gatsby inspired nails
My pin doesn't link to the original website for this picture -- SORRY!!

To really simple (the ones that I would be able to pull off on my own) like this: 
OPI. New years nails

Accessories

So the majority of my favorite Gatsby inspired accessories are shoes...BUT there are some other really great accessories out there too. Here are a couple of my favorites:
Oh, they're so adorable

Sweet Heart Bow Pearl Collar Necklace

Clothing

I really think I was meant to be born in the 1920s..I mean really the fashion was just so....adorable! Some of the inspired clothing ranges from very literal like this:
True to Form Gatsby Look

to everyday wear like this:
Love anything that sparkles : )

The final inspired set is Weddings(!!), now I am not getting married (or anywhere close to walking down the aisle) but if I was to get married soon I could totally see myself having a Gatsby inspired wedding. Because, well the whole princessy ball gown thing isn't really me. Here are a couple of my faves:

Great Gatsby inspired wedding style -- Love the casualness!

So pretty!

These are just a few of my favorite Gatsby Inspired things, you can see even more on my Pinterest Board here. And leave me comments below! What is your favorite era? Did you see The Great Gatsby? Did you love it or hate it? What were you thoughts of Leo as Gatsby himself (I thought he was BORN for the role personally)?  Let me know!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave Some Corny Comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...