Saturday, September 14, 2013

Welcome to Cornfed Beauty!

For all of you newbies out there this blog used to be called Candy and Zebra Stripes, and while I adored the adorableness of it I felt like I needed a more concise, somewhat grown up name which led me to Cornfed Beauty!

About the Name
I am from Iowa and while I live in town (the seventh biggest city in Iowa to be exact -- trust me it's a big deal) if you travel even 20 minutes outside of our town, and even within town, you are bound to find some corn stalks! Needless to say we're known for corn..and it's not even my favorite vegetable (GASP!)

Anyway, I wanted to focus on the fact that I am from the Midwest because a lot of blogs out there (or at least the ones that I read) are written by people who live in some major cities (Chicago, LA, NYC, etc.). Well, I'm here to let you know that we Midwesteners are exciting in our own right! Kind of...HAHA

What to Expect
I am constantly trying to improve my blogging skills. Currently I am in my last year of Grad school (YAY!) so during semester my blogs are a little sporadic because I'm spending a lot of time working on school work. You've been warned. However I currently have a few blogs I want to get started working on including: a review, a book rant/review (maybe...), a products used up list, and I really want to start doing outfits of the day I just need to get a full length mirror...

I'm also planning on starting to show case some of the things the my town has to offer including things in our neighboring city (across the river) in Omaha, NE. 

Stay tuned!!

2 comments:

  1. Aw that's so true about blogs being in major cities! Love that you are focusing on the Midwest. Good luck with blogging :)

    Marija

    www.rosehorseshoe.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much! I'm really enjoying the new set up and can't wait to play around some more in my free time!

    ReplyDelete

Leave Some Corny Comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...