Saturday, August 17, 2013

Olay Fresh Effects BB Cream and the Great BB Cream Showdown!


It is now time for my final Influenster Review (I will have links to all other Influenster related things below)! I feel like I really saved the best for last on this one. I have tried different BB Creams but hadn’t really found one that I liked until I tried the Garnier Skin Renew Miracle Skin Perfector B.B. Cream (really can the name be any longer!!). I really liked it and was pretty committed to it until I received my Influenster Sunkissed VoxBox and got the opportunity to try the Olay Fresh Effects (BB Cream!) Skin Perfecting Moisturizer SPF 15. That is when the Great BB Cream Showdown began **PAUSE FOR DRAMATIC MUSIC**

Before we begin a few reminders: I received the Olay BB Cream for FREE from Influenster for testing purposes. The Garnier BB Cream I purchased with my own $$. HOWEVER, all opinions and thoughts are my own!
The showdown will consist of 3 main categories: Packaging, Texture and Feel, and Appearance. Let the Showdown Begin!

PACKAGING:
OLAY
The packaging for this is really adorable and young looking. I like that it appeals to a wide range of ages from pre-teens who may be trying out makeup for the first time up to someone in their 20s like me. I’m not sure if it would pack the greatest appeal for someone older just because it is so young looking and an older woman may not want such young packaging hanging around their makeup bag.

GARNIER:
This packaging is much more sleek and sophisticated looking to me and the grown up in me really likes this one too. This packaging was definitely made for women in their 20s and older.

TEXTURE AND FEEL
OLAY:
This BB Cream is incredibly light weight. It really doesn’t feel like you’re putting makeup on and feels more like a nice moisturizer. Once on your skin it feels like it just melts into it and doesn’t feel at all greasy. These facts make me love this even more!

GARNIER:
This BB Cream is a little more heavy duty than the Olay cream. It feels thicker coming out of the bottle and takes a little more effort to get it to “melt” into your skin. It also has a more greasy feeling that I’m not a huge fan of. A little definitely goes a long way with the Garnier BB Cream.

APPEARANCE:
**I kept all other makeup items the same for these pictures. I tried to take the pictures in the same location unfortunately after the OLAY picture we had a rash of cloudy/rainy days and I had to take my GARNIER picture inside.**

OLAY:
Look at how bright my skin looks!! I LOVE IT!! This BB Cream takes absolutely no extra nonsense to make you look glowy. If you needed to rush and only had time for some BB cream and mascara this won’t let you down. Better yet, the glowy-ness lasts ALL DAY!

GARNIER:
Oh, Garnier BB Cream, I love you but you take a lot of work. This just doesn’t have the glowy-ness of OLAY. But I will say with a little effort (mostly well placed highlighter and some bronzer) it can give a very nice “Oh I just got back from a tropical vacay” effect.

FINAL WORD:
I do really like both BB Creams, but if I could only buy one I would definitely go for the Olay Fresh Effects BB Cream. It’s lightweight, non greasy, and gives instaglow like crazy! I do think I may find myself reaching for the GARNIER cream during the winter months only because it is a little thicker and I tend to like thicker for the colder months (I don’t know why I just do...). Now tell me! Have you tried either of these BBs? Which ones do you like the best?
You can find both BB Creams wherever Olay and Garnier products are sold!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave Some Corny Comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...